Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Scrapin' the Bottom o' the Bloggin' Barrel VIII

Another installment in a series o' occasional posts that fall into the category of "when all else fails."  I forgot to tell ya about one of THE most important things to happen in my so-called life, Gentle Reader, to wit: we have found another wash'n'fold service.  And none too soon, either, as we'd exhausted the Emergency Tee Shirt supply last week and were down to wearin' stuff we reserve for Corporate Casual days, which is to say shirts with actual collars and Dockers.  I just HATE havin' to look my age, yanno?

So... here's what 25 pounds o' laundry looks like:


What costs 25 Yankee Dollars, including the spiffy gift wrapping:


Ahem.  Thank The Deity At Hand for small gifts, as it's said.  I just wish ladies bearin' gifts wouldn't call so danged early in the morning to tell me my laundry is ready for pick up, yanno?

8 comments:

  1. wearin' stuff we reserve for Corporate Casual days, which is to say shirts with actual collars and Dockers. At least you weren't down to wearing a garbage bag with a hole cut out of the top! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to have a suitcase that looked like that, except for the price tag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deb: I HAVE worn garbage bags before, no shit really. I left home on the mo'sickle one time and forgot my rain gear... and this was on a 500 mile road trip... the quick 'n' dirty solution was garbage bags and lots of 'em. They didn't work worth a shit, either. I nearly died from hypothermia by the time I reached my destination. I bought new rain gear before I made the return trip... and it was bright sunshine all the frickin' way.

    Skip: I still do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahem. I feel much better knowing you are blogging in clean undies now, yanno?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate those early morning calls too. But it's good to get clean clothes. Regarding garbage bags...Back in the early '70s I used two of them (the big black kind) as front pull over seat covers in my old VW Ghia. The danged thing ran great but the interior was a mess when I bought it with the seats all split apart at the seams. The bags worked okay on my 30 mile commute but I noticed my shirt back was always wet with perspiration when I got to work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Buck, $1.00 per Pound is a good deal. Last week I had 2 pants, 2 polo shirts, 4 underwear sets, 4 pair socks and 2 hankies (maybe 5 pounds) and spent 1220 Czech Kroners, a whopping $65 dollars US.

    I was told more than a year ago one way to make some quick money would be to take a whole bunch of coin operated Washing Machines and Dryers to the Czech Republic and set up operations there. After last week I guess so!!

    BT: Jimmy T sends.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Man, sign me up... I freakin HATE laundry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel much better knowing you are blogging in clean undies now, yanno?

    You'd prolly feel worse if I told ya the truth, Red. But... TMI. :-)

    Dan: Garbage bags are VERY useful things!

    Jimmy: That was in a hotel, right? I HATED having to have laundry done in hotels when I was on the road... NOTHING kicks an expense report back quicker than a laundry bill, coz they're ALWAYS "excessive."

    Matt: You and me both, Bud. You and me both!!

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.