Friday, March 18, 2011

Today's Happy Hour Soundtrack

I have just the remedy in the off chance you find yourself in much too good a mood today... the Verve Pipe:


For the life of me I cannot remember
What made us think that we were wise and we'd never compromise
For the life of me I cannot believe we'd ever die for these sins
We were merely freshmen
Ah, well.  We ALL have our bouts of angst, don't we?  Don't think for a moment this song represents our general mindset today, Gentle Reader.  The tune is merely an exception that proves the rule... for all is well in our world today.

4 comments:

  1. Some time back, I'd mentioned this song in a post of mine about how I mis-heard some lyrics...

    "I cannot believe we'd ever die for this sins" sounded like "I cannot believe we'd ever die. 40 cents."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this. I confess that in my sheltered life in the ivory tower I never heard of this group or this song. If they have more like this, I'm a new fan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matt: Mondegreens are fun!

    Dan: The Verve Pipe was pretty much a one-hit-wonder but they do have five or six songs on YouTube. "Freshmen" is their best, IMHO.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.