Thursday, December 02, 2010

Didja Ever Have One of Those Days?

Well, I'm having one today.  I didn't go to bed this morning until well after sunrise, slept in until 1330 hrs, and am just now finishing up the morning (!) coffee.  In so doing I blew one of the best days we've had here on The High Plains of New Mexico in quite some time... mid-60s, totally calm with zero wind, and bright, bright sunshine.  Today would have been a perfect day for a mo'sickle ride, something I haven't done in so long I'm beginning to wonder if I've forgotten how.  This is obviously small-beer in the wide, wonderful world of missed opportunities but I tend to hate look upon myself with great displeasure when I let shi'ite like this happen.

I know:  bitch, bitch, bitch.  Beer me!

6 comments:

  1. Happens to the best of us, Buck. I've pissed many a good day away when I couldn't muster the energy to give a darn.

    There's always tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All too true Buckskins. The Portales wx looks pretty good for Fri. & Sat. though. I bet Buck will get that scooter ride yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BR and Anon: Yup, we're lookin' good for the next two days, WX-wise. But here I am, wide awake at nearly 0100 hrs. I fear a re-run of last night coming on. (sigh)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Today the weather is suppose to be perfect here. Tomorrow is iffy - typical OK. Lately, if the weather is good, it means working on the house. Sometimes I look forward to bad days when I can curl up with a good book and cup of coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It happens Buck. Rather than seeing it as a wasted day, I prefer to think of it as my body's need for rest any way it can get it; and I have the wisdom to recognize that and let it happen.

    Or something. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with BR on this one. There've been more than a few days that I curled up on the couch with my dogs and a good book (ok, beer was involved too) and said manana to chores!

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.