Saturday, April 10, 2010

Today's Happy Hour Soundtrack



A broom is drearily sweeping
Up the broken pieces of yesterday’s life
Somewhere a queen is weeping
Somewhere a king has no wife
And the wind, it cries Mary 
The wind doubtless cries many more names than "Mary."  We have a name in mind, Gentle Reader... but we shall let that pass.  We're listening to Pandora's "Rolling Stones" station this afternoon... and here's a sample of what we've heard in the past six minutes or so:


It's SUCH a nice day here on The High Plains of New Mexico...  79 degrees, a crystal-clear blue sky, and the gentlest of gentle breezes.  Our awning is down, the beer is cool,  the music is great, and we're enjoying a shady afternoon outdoors on the verandah.  And so it's back outside to continue as we've begun...  I hope your Saturday is as good as ours.

2 comments:

  1. It's windy here, too. A little bit warmer though. We spent the day on a high school football field watching the boys play Flag football with about five hundred other parental units and their kids.

    My hair has grown long, long, long and it was flying around my head like crazy, I missed most of the plays because the stuff was wrapped around my face.

    I'm drinking a beer now, thinking about throwing some fajitas on the grill and listening to Eddie Vedder. I like his low voice.

    Salud, Buck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah... sounds like a great day, Daph. I know it's a PITA, but guys really LIKE long hair on wimmen. Present company, anyhoo. Stay with it!

    And Prosit! backatcha!

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.