Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Game Seven, Part Deux

 GLENDALE, AZ - APRIL 27: Robert Lang #20 of the Phoenix Coyotes shakes hand with Dan Cleary #11 of the Detroit Red Wings after the Red Wings victory in Game Seven of the Western Conference Quarterfinals during the 2010 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs at Jobing.com Arena on April 27, 2010 in Glendale, Arizona. (Photo by Norm Hall/NHLI via Getty Images)

Here we are... still basking in the afterglow of a 6 - 1 Detroit romp.  I will admit that I had a lot of butterflies in the early going, especially when Bryzgalov made about ten stand-on-his-head saves on 17 shots to keep the Wings off the scoreboard in the first period.  And then came the second period when the excrement hit Phoenix's ventilating device... and it was ALL downhill from there.  

SN1 and I both agree: Game Seven just don't get no better than this.  Look out Sharks... here we come.

And then there's this, from the illustrious Abel To Yzerman blog...


Heh.

5 comments:

  1. I guess blogging will be good today in Portales.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dunno about blogging, but life in general is much better than it would have been had the Beloved Wings lost. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. But it's short-lived, Buck, now we both have to start sweating all over again with the next series!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad your Wings came through. I hope they shred the Sharks and go all the way. I'd read that Mitch Albom book before but never any of his sports stuff. I just read the piece you posted below written during the 2006 playoffs. The guy can really write. The anticipation, the anxiety, the frustration, he gets it all, even the part about possibly not watching. Which I've done with the Cubs. Too painful. Although in their case, in 2008, it was 3 and out in a 5 game series.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Virgil: I hesitate to predict the outcome of the Sharks - Wings series... but I WILL point out that we owned them in the regular season. EVERYTHING changes in the playoffs, however.

    Dan: Albom's sports pieces are some of his BEST writing, IMHO. I'm glad you liked the bit I re-posted from '06. And on being a Cubbies fan... well, nuff said, eh?

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.