Monday, October 19, 2009

Well, Now! How About THIS?

We were sorta perplexed when The Brown Truck O' Happiness pulled up in front of El Casa Móvil De Pennington this afternoon, as we were most certain we hadn't ordered anything of late... or at least nothing that would be delivered by one of Our Favorite Ladies In All the World.  Said Lady inquired as to what sort of goodies she was bringing me today as she put the package in my hot lil hands.  I shrugged my shoulders and said "I dunno!"  "Well, it's from Albuquerque," said she.  And so it is... and it is this:


Six jars of the best salsa in the Free World... El Pinto...  specifically two jars each in three different flavors, including a special Balloon Fiesta Commemorative variety, which I've never seen before.  And all of it courtesy of long-time reader Bob Reese.  

Wow... Thanks, Bob!  There WILL be Mexican food for dinner tonight, you can count on that.

10 comments:

  1. A surprise gift? How cool! Or should I say hot?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surprises make for happy Mondays! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alison: Yup.. "hot" would be more like it! :p

    Moogie: This is turning out to be better than most Mondays around these parts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We were at the Balloon Fiesta last weekend. Short jaunt down Alameda, right turn on Fourth and there it was. Knew it was your fave, so... straight from the namesake ristorante.

    Don't know what the fiesta has to do with salsa, except the marketing that's in it. Oh, the marketing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of my favorite restaurants in ABQ! Great times! Ballon Fiesta at Oh-dark-thirty was always a treat. Still can't believe some of those things actually fly...

    SN1

    Word verification: ASTFUXE...no comment...step away from the government computer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bob: I put away about 1/4 of a jar of the Balloon Fiesta salsa last evening, and it's GREAT. Thanks again!

    Buck: I still haven't made it to the Balloon Fiesta. Can you believe that? (Don't answer that...)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What could be a better surprise than El Pinto salsa -- the stuff is the best!!!!!!!! I would ask if we could all come for dinner, but maybe that would use up all your inventory of the salsa.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're quite welcome. I'm thrilled you are just starting to enjoy it.

    Competition: Some bring you chicken soup (when you're ailing-- points there). Some bring you beer. Some bring you salsa. Some bring you grandchildren and sea/sandbox stories (not fair!). What a gig, eh?

    Shame you've never been to a Balloon Fiesta (other than your freeway sighting). Just ask Buck. Ask JimmyT too. What a coincidence-- he posted pictures from one like 25 years ago just yesterday. (You know that, as you commented at Voice from the Noise about it.) It's that close access and the "box" wind pattern he talked about that really makes the funnage.

    Word verification "reard." Top that, afcaptain buck.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Correction: It was you passing through 25 years ago. JimmyT's pix are from ~1992.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not to hijack Dad's comment section, but Reese: Can't do it. Couldn't come close to topping that one! Made me laugh out load too! So I'm out...

    Word verification: imistic...as in I mistic? I'm mystic? Could be, could be...

    ;)

    SN1

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.