Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Thanks... But NO Thanks!

You can’t make this stuff up. To wit:

Still can't think what to get him for Christmas? Socks don't seem to cut it any more? Fret no longer because Burger King is here to help.

The mass purveyor of grilled meat is offering, for a limited time, something even better than their usual piles of beef patties. This week, American men were given the chance to smell like their favourite meat snack with the launch of Flame, Burger King's contribution to the perfume market.

The company describes Flame as "the scent of seduction with a hint of flame-broiled meat".

Then again, one wonders why I had to hear about this in a British newspaper. Why haven’t I seen this advertised on my teevee? Or elsewhere in American media? But then again… I know it’s real. I’ve been to the web site. (Which is kinda cool, I must admit.)

8 comments:

  1. Well...that puts a new meaning into 'meat market'.

    Are they serious? This is like that Taco Bell commercial where a couple of ladies are in a bar and one of them has a burrito in her purse which she uses the scent of to lure men to her.

    And that other commercial of the less than attractive lady that rubs peanuts on herself that makes men fall over themselves to get near her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, now that's good. The scenes with the King in front of the fireplace are a little disturbing, but good for a laugh.

    Nice with the "meat market," tim!

    ReplyDelete
  3. tim: What Andy said about "meat market," LOL! I think the peanut gal is kinda hot, myself.

    Andy: I find ALL BK ads with The King in 'em quite disturbing. ALL of 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe it's just me....but I don't want my man smelling like a Whopper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharon and Lou: Glad we're on the same page!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cannibal bait? ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.