Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Dang Me

Now that the Obamas are vacationing in Hawaii I’ve noticed I’ve gotten well over 40 hits (or so) in the past 24 hours for “Obama on the beach.” And they click through to this… amazingly enough:

Now That's A Line!

Via Gerard20 More Photos Taken at Exactly the Right Angle. Like the one above…Obama on the beach. They’re all pretty danged cool.

Go figure. I’m thinking anyone interested in beach photos of The One wouldn’t be prone to click through on this. Imagine my surprise.

―:☺:―

Ear-worm. And it’s ALL Barry’s fault. From comments on his site:

Today's rhetorical question: How could I live this long without ever hearing "shellout falter?" That's a masterful turn of a phrase if ever there was one!


Buck, my reaction exactly, but I'm not surprised that it sprang from the mind of Roger Miller, who is a lyrical genius.

Even the silly stuff -- *especially* the silly stuff -- I love. If you catch me whistling to myself at the office, it's often something like "You Can't Rollerskate In A Buffalo Herd."


GravatarAgreed on the silly stuff. "Dang Me" came out when I was in USAF tech school... and imagine, if you will, 20 or 30 drunken young airmen joining in on the chorus and warbling "high from the highest treeeee... woman would ya weep for me? Doo-doo-dee-doot-a-looie..." (from memory, that, but ya get the idea, I'm sure). Miller was the soundtrack for a lot of great times back then.


GravatarOK... it's been about an hour now and I can't get that danged song out of my head. Aiiieee!

Misery loves company. So… join me and sing along, Gentle Reader.

Heh.

2 comments:

  1. Buck:

    Universal antidote to any song virus:

    It's a world of laughter, a world or tears
    It's a world of hopes, it's a world of fears
    There's so much that we share
    That its time we're aware
    It's a small world after all

    CHORUS:
    It's a small world after all
    It's a small world after all
    It's a small world after all
    It's a small, small world

    There is just one moon and one golden sun
    And a smile means friendship to everyone.
    Though the mountains divide
    And the oceans are wide
    It's a small small world

    (chorus)

    *****

    You're welcome :-) - and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an EVIL thing to do, Barry! And on Christmas... :-)

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.