Friday, April 18, 2008

Mammatus

Have you ever seen mammatus clouds, Gentle Reader? Well, here's a shot of some, from that Wiki link:

But... there are more, and MUCH better, photos here...which is THE reason for this post. I'd have posted one of those pics, but the images are clearly copyrighted, much to my dismay. So you gotta chase the link. It's oh-so-worth your time to do just that. I had a hard time believing the images weren't photo-shopped. Amazing.

And... I think the clouds are aptly-yclept. Coz they look like huge celestial mammary glands. Thus spake The Dirty Ol' Man, reverently.

(h/t: Phlegmmy)

6 comments:

  1. Hey, DOM, seems like you're doing well.
    I've never seen clouds like this and have visited a number of links to gaze at them. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen 'em in real life, either. Which is sorta strange, given I lived in OKC for two years. Tornado Alley, and all that...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It could be worse. They could be called Boobie Clouds. I don't think I've ever seen any either. When I was little, my dad taught me all they types of clouds, but he did leave this one out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Buck, you are so funny. I have never seen clouds like that either. Interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never in my lifetime, but the photos sure look awesome. Something worth looking at for sure

    ReplyDelete
  6. Becky sez: When I was little, my dad taught me all they types of clouds, but he did leave this one out!

    I'd never heard of 'em until yesterday, Becky. Not common at all.

    Ashley sez: Buck, you are so funny.

    I assume you mean funny "ha ha," right, Ash? ;-)

    Dawn sez: Something worth looking at for sure

    Those WERE some way-cool pics, eh?

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.