Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Recommendation

I just don’t have a lot to say today… having not yet finished making the blog-rounds and having not yet begun to catch up on the wide, wonderful world of current events. That said, I do have a recommendation for you, Gentle Reader.

There’s a new addition to my blogroll today. I stumbled upon Istanbul Photo via a comment on Abe’s blog… and Istanbul Photo will become a frequent read, mainly for photos like this:

You may have noticed, Gentle Reader, that I have a love for Turkey. So it stands to reason that I would find IP attractive. And…about that photo above. It’s used by permission, according to this note posted by the author on his/her blog:

*All photos can be used as long as reference is given

Now that’s a nice touch, indeed. Would that more people had an attitude such as this. And as long as we’re on this particular subject, I have the same policy, even though I’ve never explicitly said as much. But I’m saying it now: feel free to use any of MY photos as you wish, as long as credit is given. And, just for the record… all photos on this blog are mine, unless otherwise credited or attributed.

―:☺:―

I might be back in a few, with the equal understanding that I might not. My Slight Return depends on if I find something that tickles my fancy, or some other such body part.

4 comments:

  1. Turkey is on "the list" it is a very long list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished reading a novel that you might like to read. The title is The Bastard of Istanbul by Elif Shafak. This Turkish writer was almost given a three year prison sentence in Turkey for writing anti-Turkey sentences in this book. She writes for the New York Times and the Washington Post. This is her fifth novel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trying to catch up over the last few days :) I was taking a glance at the link here, looks like some gorgeous country! curious as to what draws you to Turkey? always the curious one, are I not?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashley: Turkey is a marvelous place, indeed. The country is literally awash in history and sports some of the finest antiquities in the known world...

    Jack and Joann: Thanks for the recommendation... and for dropping by.

    Dawn: I lived in Ankara (the capital) for two years when I was 12/13 years old, and was stationed in Sinop up on the Black Sea in 1971/2. My father and I traveled all over the country during his assignment there, and I took the opportunity to see more of it while I was there on my own. Turkey is a fabulous place, with very warm and friendly people.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.