Sunday, January 13, 2008

What a 21st Century Witch Hunt Looks Like

Unbelievable, yet here it is. Just watch. The four videos total about 15 minutes (h/t: Gerard).

Back story and expanded narrative here. Once you read this link, click “Main” for more.

I really wouldn’t believe it’s come to this unless I’d seen it with my own eyes. And Mark Steyn is next. Just a lil quote:

Much of Canada's press and many broadcasters are already noted for politically correct blandness. Some fear that the case can only make that worse. Mr Steyn and others hope it will prompt a narrower brief for the commissions, or even their abolition. As he put it in his blog, “I don't want to get off the hook. I want to take the hook and stick it up the collective butt of these thought police.”

And I want to help him do it. Mr. Steyn, himself, weighs in here. And do go read the Greenwald link, as well. Greenwald takes offense at the Canadian hate-speech laws, to the sock-puppet's ever lasting credit, but true to form he simply cannot help but draw parallels with his favorite boogey-men. Oh, Glenn you blew your chance, Buddy.

2 comments:

  1. Buck, I want to apologize for not clicking on the videos. With this limited download capacity, I have to be very disciplined. And I was dying to see them, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a problem, Lin, I understand. Some folks are still on dial-up, too, and that's why I included the "back story" links. Same stuff, but in words, not video.

    I don't expect everyone to watch the vids. That would be setting myself up for serious disappointment, eh?

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.