Monday, November 26, 2007

Solved: The 20th Century’s Greatest Mystery

You may accuse me of being overly impressed with the last person I’ve read today, and in this case you’d be oh-so-right. Once again, the inimitable Gerard comes through and provides us with the definitive, one-true-answer to the Prime Puzzle of My Generation: the actual lyrics to “Louie, Louie.”

I can die now.

Or, as Gerard put it: At last! At long, long last! Okay, that's it. Western Civilization is a wrap. Over to you, Allah.” (BTW: Gerard has been on a freakin’ roll this past week. TOO much good stuff to link, you should just go…)

5 comments:

  1. Finally!! Mystery Solved!!
    but now to get that out of my head sometime today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't even wanna know how many time I've played this vid today, TripleE. Physically and mentally! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I'm sitting here drinking some egg nog with VO and rockin' out.

    It reminds me of the song "Spirit in the Sky" by Norman Greenbaum - just makes you want to dance. I have told Jesse that I want that song played at my funeral 'cause I want people to be rockin out as they leave.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We used to do the "Gator" to Louie, Louie.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lou sez: I'm sitting here drinking some egg nog with VO and rockin' out.

    Hey! I did that egg nog thing last nite, too! T'is the season, and all that...

    Pat: Ah, the Gator! Kinda like "Dead Bug"...yet another thing I've given up. For good reason. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.