Sunday, August 20, 2006

A Post From Yesterday and An Excuse



You Are Heineken




You appreciate a good beer, but you're not a snob about it.

You like your beer mild and easy to drink, so you can concentrate on being drunk.

Overall, you're a friendly drunk who's likely to buy a whole round for your friends... many times.

Sometimes you can be a bit boring when you drink. You may be prone to go on about topics no one cares about.



No. No, I'm not.


I'm a Fat Tire!! But, yeah, I'll drink a Heineken when there's no Fat Tire available and the alternative is Bud, MGD, or other such swill. So much for "not being a snob about it."
Hat tip: Mike

So. I was in the process of posting this around 1600 yesterday afternoon...during a thunderstorm. I got the pic uploaded and then lost my network connection. I was down the rest of the night and all morning - until about ten minutes ago.

And I feel like a blithering idiot.

Here I was, cursing Yucca Telecomm for all I was worth. After multiple re-boots, cable wiggling, and other assorted semi-nerd attempts at trouble shooting I decided to swap out my ethernet cable with a new one I just happen to have laying around. Voila! Internet.

Like I said: blithering idiot.

7 comments:

  1. I don't have a beer personality. The thing beeped at me and said, "You're a big faker!"

    LOL! Actually I got Samuel Adams but it didn't really sound like me, I don't drink enough beer these days to have it define any part of my personality. Last time I had a beer was at the VFW when I went on that overnight PGR mission. Before that it was oh, 2 years ago I think, when I took some out of town guests to tour the local microbrewery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and I share a Corona when we go to our favorite Mexican restaurant about once a month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's the old saying about the fruit not falling far from the tree? (Oh, I guess that IS the saying...)

    I too am Heiny...but I'd have to disagree. My favorite is also Fat Tire for beer I commonly drink. Although I've had a Guiness and a Dos Equis in the last week. One in Atlanta and the other in Vegas this morning. I'm thinking San Diego feels like...Corona!

    I'm sure it will taste really good, as most beer does sitting on the beach!

    SN1

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, Okay, I took the beer personality quiz. I am a Corona. The line, "You prefer a very light, very smooth beer. A beer that's hardly a beer at all." was the only thing correct about my personality. It said that I just like to drink to get drunk - who makes up these quizzes? If I were drinking to get drunk, I would not do it on beer. Beer is for hot days when you have been working or playing hard. Beer is for visiting with good friends. Beer is for country-western dancing. My men folk can discuss the taste and quality and even make homebrew occasionally. I just like to be with the party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That beer quiz is not hoppin' nor poppin'. Says I'm a Corona.
    I will drink a Corona, only if you are buying!

    Currently, I have Grolsch on tap in the Veldt Lounge. Last month it was Adams. Stop by NAS Jax and the Grolsch is on me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. dc sez: Currently, I have Grolsch on tap in the Veldt Lounge. Last month it was Adams. Stop by NAS Jax and the Grolsch is on me!

    Mmmm...Grolsch! Thanks for the offer, dc. I don't get down FLA way very much, but if I do...

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh, I didn't realize I'd failed to comment on the comments here. How insensitive of me!

    :-)

    SN1 is busy flaunting his boondoggles (your tax dollars at work), Laurie and Bec simply aren't beer drinkers, and Lou hangs with home-brewers! I tried that homebrewing thingie once upon a time and gave it up: the results were less than impressive and cleaning out the fridge after one bottle inexplicably detonated one night convinced me I should leave the brewing to the pros...

    And I agree: this quiz was the lamest quiz I've ever taken.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.