Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Who Left the 'Gate Open?

"Snoopgate." If I weren't part and parcel of the generation in question I'd fervently pray that all journalists of whatever medium, assorted pundits, and real-world people who feel compelled to append "gate" to the scandal-du-jour die a horrible and prolonged death. Painfully. Horribly so. Maybe we could burn them at the stake. Nothing I can come up with, in terms of horrible death, seems appropriate. I'm just SO damned sick of GATE!

There. I don't feel any better, but at least I've said it.

As to the article referenced above: Ho Hum. Just another hit piece from a guy who writes shite like this. The only interesting thing in the Newsweek column is the revelation that the President "summoned" the publisher and the editor of the NYT to the White House and asked them not to publish the article. But not on national security grounds, mind you. Bushitler just wanted to ward off his impeachment, which will happen as soon as the opposition gains control of the House, doncha know.

And so it begins. Resurrecting Viet Nam ain't enough. We need a replay of Watergate, too. My God, but I am sick to death of this krep.

2 comments:

  1. And it must make you feel even more "secure" at home that a bunch of military grade explosives were just stolen near Albuquerque. Yes, Buck, the Bush-Cheney administration is the worst we've had in our lifetime -- but don't count on impeachment -- all Americans who believe they deserve it have to stay vocal and active, especially in communication with our senators and congressmen. And we have to keep pressure on the news media to detox from Bush KoolAid and print better coverage of all issues surrounding this pathetic excuse for commanders in chief. I'm very grateful that Vets like you and my uncle (retired Marine) are speaking out. I know it goes against the military grain, but it's a patriotic act, and I truly thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by, Anon.

    You misread my post; perhaps I need a sarcasm flag. We're on opposite sides of the wire, you and I. I fully support the President. Mssrs. Bush and Cheney have a long way to go before they qualify as "the worst administration of my lifetime." That dubious honor goes to Jimmy Carter, at the moment. Nixon's second.

    We all have our opinions; yours just happens to differ from mine.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.