Sunday, December 18, 2005

Snarky, but Somewhat Interesting

Home is Where You Park It (Click for Larger)

The German Ambassador and his wife tour the Northeast US in an RV.

I was drawn to this article for obvious reasons: I'm what's known in the RVing community as a "full-timer," that is, I live in my RV full-time. The Ambassador's wife was not impressed with her short stint in an RV or her experiences with RV parks. My experience has been just the opposite.

I've traveled from coast-to-coast and border-to-border in my RV, most often alone, but accompanied by my middle son, his wife, and my two granddaughters (at the time, I now have four granddaughters!) on one memorable 30-day trip from Seattle to Upstate NY. I can say without reservation: There's no better way to see America. You CAN take it with you!

3 comments:

  1. This story is an insult to the RV community. I admit that many campgrounds have sites that are too small and too crowded, and that camping can be a challenge, but her bourgeoisie attitude makes me sick. I am very happy that she has friends all over the country with nice houses that they can stay at, but it seems that rather than making an effort to truly try camping, she just wanted to stay in her buddies cushy houses and socialize.

    I suggest we send her home, and find an ambassador that is truly willing to live in our country, not look down on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed on most counts, Anon.

    The article was very condescending. But it was the wife's POV.

    I think her husband's probably an OK guy. After all, he'd RV'ed before, it was his idea to rent an RV, and they did complete the trip. I can almost hear her constant carping; I kinda feel sorry for the guy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They could also try actually touring America, not just John Kerry country.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.