Monday, December 05, 2005

The Politics of Google

I wonder what they are? {smirk} {guffaw} You don't need a cluebat to understand. I use G-Mail and I like it, even though I'm subjected to "sponsored ads" in the sidebar. Small price to pay for free e-mail with two gigs of storage. I have the Google Toolbar in my browser; I like that, too. But when a friend sends me an e-mail discussing and expressing her support for Bush and I get these ads in the sidebar (a direct cut 'n' paste)...

Sponsored Links
George W. Bush Are You Happy Bush Won? Cast Your Vote and Get $250 at Starbucks
bush.peel.com
Support our troops Draft the Twins - ribbon ribbons bumper stickers shirts etc.
dontblamemeivoted4kerry.com
News from the White House Flying Blind: Team Bush in Turmoil What's Next?
www.newsweek.com
Noam Chomsky Book Summary Save time with the summary of "Hegemony or Survival"
CapitolReader.com

Yeah, right. There's a group of URLs I'll click on. I think I'll go read the Noam Chomsky Book Summary RIGHT NOW! I might be behind on the ol' Marxist's latest Commie apologia or Bushitler rant. Could be.

It's an uphill fight these days; the opposition are everywhere. One could become very paranoid if one were so disposed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just be polite... that's all I ask.