Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Dunno How I Missed THIS...

Glenn Reynolds put up a Digital Camera Carnival last week. Some great links about all things digital photography...reviews, tips, and other assorted good things.

It seems all of America is interested in digital photography. I saw yesterday that "digital camera" was Yahoo's number one product search for 2005. If you're looking for a new digital camera, the best digital camera site, by far, is DPReview.

Photography has always been a big interest of mine. My middle son has boxes and boxes of the photographs I've taken over the years stored in his basement, and I have over five gigs of digital photos on my hard drive. Even though I still have my trusty Olympus OM-1 and a gaggle of lenses, the digital camera has completely replaced my old SLR. I probably only keep the OM-1 out of sentimental attachment...I've had the thing for 30 years (!) and it was a constant companion in some pretty strange and interesting places all over the world.

I went digital in 1998 with a one-megapixel Kodak camera. I'm currently on my third digital camera, a Canon Powershot G5. My next camera will probably be one of these, or one of these (or its successor). But that's a while off...the G5 is meeting all my needs at the moment. A digital SLR falls into the "nice to have" category. It's not "essential," by any means.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just be polite... that's all I ask.