Saturday, November 19, 2005

It's Football, so this Must be Saturday

Ohio State 12, Michigan 7, at the half.

Today must be a slow day in the Big 12. One of the drawbacks about living where I do is, like all Americans, I get regional games. In this region it's all Big 12, and that's not good for me. I prefer Big Ten, PAC 10, and SEC ball over the Big 12 variety. After living in Detroit for ten years I still get a kick out of watching Big Blue play, although I have to say I'm not a fan. I'm a fan of those guys who play home games under the benevolent gaze of Touchdown Jesus. I do believe they're off today, resting up so they can CREAM the guys from The Small Boat and Barge School. (Hi, Sam!) (Oh, and don't even mention the F-4, umm-kay?)

You know what's great about being old and unencumbered? I can, and will, watch football ALL damned day and (a) won't be nagged or (b) feel guilty about it! And I'll drink beer, too.

Update: Looks like ND is playing Syracuse today. My bad.
Update 2: Michigan loses another squeaker, 25-21, in the last 30 seconds of the game. Big Blue had a bad year. On to Penn State - Michigan State. Why not ND, you ask? Coz ND will beat Syracuse like they'll beat Navy, which is to say mercilessly. It won't even be close.
Update 3: Red-faced is what I am. Totally. ND beat Navy last week. Like a step-child. Where was I?

1 comment:

  1. Dad,

    Has Sam read your blog yet? If not he'll love the references to his service school...I know I did!

    Buck

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.