Saturday, April 26, 2014

Saturday: Historic and Otherwise

It's been that long?  I'm talking about this, from the Usual Source of my Saturday posts:
Finally, it's amazing to think that just nine years ago this week, the very first film was loaded on to YouTube. Jawed Karim, one of YouTube's founders, made the 18-second-long video called "Me at the Zoo". It's been watched more than 14m times, has more than 95,600 comments, and yet there is no way it would have ever gone viral if it had been made today. How far videos have come!
How far, indeed.  Just for the historical value, here's Video Number One:



I don't go back quite that far with The Tube o' You but I have over seven years of history there, including over 50 vids, the first of which was posted on March 4, 2007.

And speaking of how far we've come... there's this:



It helps when yer Dad works for Dreamworks.

1 comment:

Just be polite... that's all I ask.