Wednesday, January 29, 2014

I Didn't Watch It



That might have been my reaction.  That, or getting sick to my stomach.  I just can't take this guy any longer.

Added, somewhat later:  That other Old AF Sarge also posted about the SOTU today.  And I had to comment, of course, coz that's what we DO.  Here's what I said:
I think the SOTU would be a LOT better if it had a Benny Hill soundtrack... sotto voce... running for the entire time the president is in the House. By that I mean it would begin when the Sergeant At Arms announces "Mr. Speaker... the President of the United States!" and continue as he autographs his way out the door after he leaves the podium. Maybe we could get the networks to speed it up like a Benny Hill chase scene, too. A LOT more people would watch.
You don't know what I'm on about?  Well, lemmee fix that for ya.

11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Which part? The "he's an idiot" bit or the Benny Hill bit?

      Delete
  2. "I just can't take this guy any longer."

    Ditto.

    Not only can't I watch him talk I can't even bring myself to bitch about him anymore. I love my country and I know I need to stay engage about what is happening to it, but I just can't bring myself to bang my keyboard about the latest Barry disaster.

    Look squirrel!!!

    tim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm SO with you on that. There are folks I've quit reading simply because they're ALWAYS up in arms about Barry. We all know he's a fucking idiot, so why flog dead draft animals?

      Delete
  3. " I Didn't Watch It "

    Whatever he says is useless information anyway

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really upset that he does these things at a time that ruins dinner.
    I mean we usually watch the news.
    So instead of that all of the major networks are showing that infomercial.
    The only line that is missing is, "Wait... there's more!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya. Fortunately... in my case... there was a Wings game on last evening during the SOTU. UNfortunately, the Wings lost. Badly.

      Delete
  5. No telly. Wouldn't have watched anyway.

    I didn't want to go the way of the Bush Derangement Syndrome crowd. People with BDS were awful. I mostly leave wossname alone. Mostly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point about BDS. I know some people who act EXACTLY that way about Obama.

      Delete
  6. Can't stand to watch OR listen. GOD! how I loath that man...from the jump..

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.