Sunday, December 08, 2013

Oh, NO! You Didn't!

Yes, I did:



I'd have posted this yesterday if it weren't for the solemn nature o' the day.  But today?  Our inhibitions are rather low, as are our standards.  There's a method to my madness, however.  I'm not much of a sci-fi fan (although I used to be), I'm not a Trekkie or a Star-Wars geek, and I most certainly do NOT like this musical genre.  But there's a lot that impresses me about this clip... the editing, which is to say the seamless nature of the transitions; the sheer familiarity of the person or persons who made this vid with the Star Trek oeuvre; and the fact they had to have access to a tremendously huge archive of old shows.  Knowing where to find the appropriate original clip from the movie or teevee show and putting all this together was a pretty significant accomplishment... and the end result is fun.

So there's that.

7 comments:

  1. Most excellent! Especially the montage of Capt. Kirk - "staying up all night to get lucky...". Extremely well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I liked it.

    (Even Spock got lucky sometimes...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suppose it never came up in one of our rare nosh and Green label moments that Shatner used to hit on my sister back in their teenage days. That was, no doubt, the basis of her phobia of black corduroy pants thweeting up behind her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh on the corduroy. I used to hate, Hate, HATE corduroy pants and that goddamned "zhupa-zhoupa" sound they made (my mother always bought me at least three pairs every school year... and MADE me wear 'em).

      That made me laugh, Lin. Right out loud.

      Delete
  4. @ Kris & Chris (TWBAGBN): I'm glad ya liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. To set the universe afire you should watch the Picard Maneuver on You Tube. That showed a majestic and deep knowledge of Star Trek Next Gen. I still get the corduroys from my mom, every year. I wonder if she set up a Trust...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be forever amazed at the effort put into following both Star Wars and Star Trek. That is true geekiness. (LOL on the corduroy trust!)

      Delete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.