Monday, October 28, 2013

Today's Happy Hour Soundtrack: A Course Correction

It occurred to me that we've been entirely too mellow of late, what with posting a lot o' chanteuses and other sorts o' "feeling" types.  Well, let's fix this...


An' if you see me walkin' down the line
With my favorite honky tonk in mind
Well, I'll be here around supper time
With my can of dinner and a bunch of wine
The Rolling Stones are rightly (self-)described as "The World's Greatest Rock 'n' Roll Band" and I won't argue that point.  But ZZ Top is arguably the "World's Greatest BOOGIE Band," and I say "arguably" coz George Thorogood might take issue with that appellation.  That said, I'll stand by what I said: ZZ Top IS the world's greatest boogie band.  They're also a damned good blues band when they put their minds to it.  Witness:



So, we're listenin' to The Top today if you hadn't already guessed.  Today is sorta like summer's last hurrah, what with the temps bumpin' up against 80 degrees and lots o' brilliant sunshine.  Which, of course, means that the windows and door are wide open and our stereo is cranked up... FULL o' ZZ Top CDs, beginning at the beginning.

Rock ON.

4 comments:

Just be polite... that's all I ask.