Friday, May 10, 2013

Unusual

It's been raining off and on all day, which is a Great Good Thing.  Even more amazing is the fact today's rain is of the gentle, falling-in-the-vertical-plane sorta rain.  I'd be out on the verandah enjoying the show were it but ten degrees warmer.  Well, Hell... I may just bundle up and go on out there, anyway.  It's almost time for Happy Hour... and there's nothing quite like the sounds and smells of gentle rain in the desert.

The 17th Street Canal and Intra-City Waterway has reached navigable depth and looks sorta like this:



That's a recycled pic; it's overcast and raining as we speak... which is not very photogenic.

In other unusual news... it dawned on me that I'll prolly miss tonight's hockey game, which the Beloved Wings MUST win to stay alive.  I've signed up for a family Command Performance this evening... a dinner celebrating two nieces who graduated from nursing school today.  I guess I'll just have to keep repeating the "it's only a game, it's only a game" mantra.  Priorities, yanno?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just be polite... that's all I ask.