Tuesday, March 05, 2013

Two Re-Runs

It always happens when I go looking for something specific on the blog... in this case it was the name of a tequila I knew and loved in the past.  Searching on "tequila" turned up these two blasts from our past...

Thursday, July 09, 2009

More Wisdom From the In-Box

A friend sends this along...

To my friends who enjoy a glass of wine...
And those who don't.

As Ben Franklin said:

In wine there is wisdom,
In beer there is freedom,
In water there is bacteria.

In a number of carefully controlled trials,

Scientists have demonstrated
that if we drink
1 liter of water each day,

At the end of the year we would have absorbed

More than 1 kilo of Escherichia coli, (E. Coli) - bacteria

Found in feces.

In other words, we are consuming 1 kilo of poop..

However,

We do NOT run that risk when drinking wine & beer

(or tequila, rum, whiskey or other liquor)

Because alcohol has to go through a purification process

Of boiling, filtering and/or fermenting.

Remember:
Water = Poop,
Wine = Health
.
Therefore, it's better to drink wine and talk stupid,
Than to drink water and be full of shit
.

There is no need to thank me for this valuable information:

I'm doing it as a public service!

And we've left the formatting intact, mainly coz I like the script font. We're ALL about freedom here at El Casa Móvil De Pennington, less so about the wisdom that comes bundled with wine. But we have been known to do a glass of Beaujolais now and then... or most any good red. Never white.

In the same vein as the above... here's what My Dear Ol Da used to say about water:
You know why I don't drink water?
No, Dad... why?
Coz fish f*ck in it.
Badda-da-boomp. But the Ol' Man did have a point, ya know. And that quote is verbatim, passed on to me when I was of an appropriate age for the language used therein.
And then there's this... 

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Contrasts...


Taking the day off today. But…just for fun…here’s a study in contrasts. In the first two pics: friends Catherine, Amy and I in Santa Fe, May 2005.
First pic: On the Plaza in the morning, sober as three judges.

Second pic: (Much) Later that same day in a local cantina towards the end of the evening. Take your best guess as to our sobriety. Much fun had by all.

Pics one and two were taken by good friend Cory, who's on the right in pic three.

See all y'all tomorrow.
I think it's been waaaay too long since I've spent a night at the bar in the company of beautiful wimmen and good tequila.  I'm gonna have to work on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just be polite... that's all I ask.