Friday, January 04, 2013

Snoozer

That would be the 30th iteration of American Advertising Bowl, otherwise known as Some Kinda Goofy Tortilla Chip With Dumb-Ass Teevee Ads Bowl.  Oregon ran the initial kick-off back for a touchdown and I thought "uh-oh."  I was right, too... K-State was never in it, although I kept hoping.  I actually watched the whole thing, or at least down to the three-minute mark.  Let's hope the Aggies Boom the Hell out of those Sooners tonight, but let's also hope for a more entertaining game.  Well, wait.  I kinda like blowouts when a team I love to hate is getting its ass kicked.  Yup... Schadenfreude Я Us.

Snoozer would also be me, seein' as how I stayed in bed until noon-thirty today.  I actually set my alarm for 0930 when I went to bed this morning, seein' as how I had plans to make a commissary run, one objective o' such bein' to buy the ingredients for a big-ass pot o' Navy bean soup.  That's all by the boards now, due primarily to my late arising but also because of this:


It's just not a nice day to be out running around.  We have food in the larder, cigars in the humidor, whiskey in the cabinet, and a fridge full o' beer... so there's no NEED to go out.  Tomorrow looks like a better day, so we'll do it then.  Procrastination Я Us.

Re-runs Я Us, too.  There's this from a couple o' years ago just so's your visit ain't a total loss, Gentle Reader:

A Meme, Which is MUCH Better than a Mime

If it's not readily apparent, the meme is "All about you, from A to Z."  From my comment to the post at Blog-Bud Andy's place:
A - Age: 65 (67)
B - Bed size: Bed? Convertible couch, rarely converted. (A full-size bed now)
C - Chore you hate: Housework. ALL of it.
D - Don’t eat: tripe
E - Essential start your day item: coffee and LOTS of it.
F - Favorite board game: monopoly, if pronounced "bored"
G - Gold or Silver: Teeth and Hair (I only have one gold tooth, so I guess that would be "tooth and hair")(That gold tooth is gone now, to be replaced with an implant.  Soon.  I hope.)
H - Height: 5' 8"
I - Instruments you play: stereo
J - Job title: Heh. Fun-neee!
K - Kid(s): 3
L - Love or lust: Ineligible
M - Mom’s name: Marie
N - Nicknames: Buck, Sarge in past lives.
O - Overnight hospital stay other than birth: hemorrhoidectomy, back surgery, Legionnaire's Disease
P - Pants or pantyhose: See Cullen
Q - Famous Movie Quote: "We need the eggs."
R - Right or left handed: Right
S - Sibling(s): A younger sister.
T - Time you wake up: Whenever I feel like it.
U - Underwear: Underwear?
V - Vegetable favorite: asparagus
W - Ways you run late: I don’t
X - X-rays you’ve had: There isn't a part of my body that hasn't been X-rayed.
Y - Yummy food you make: Navy Bean Soup.
Z - Zoo favorite: San Diego (playing it straight); any number of bars (otherwise)
Google is your friend if anything is unclear, other than "Cullen."  The answer to that lies with Andy.  And the image has nothing to do with my answers, which are ALL truthful.  Coz I NEVER lie.  Heh.
7 comments:
Updates in italics; the answer to "Cullen" is in the comments to the original post.  

8 comments:

  1. A post within a post. Cool. (Even if the inner one is a rerun!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There might be MORE re-runs if my muse stays gone for a while.

      Delete
  2. I got my pizza and popcorn ready for football tonight. Gig'em!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now maybe if I post in the right year...

    ONLY five feet eight inches tall? I TOWER over you@ 5'81/2" !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You survived Legionnaires Disease???!
    Wow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup. It killed a friend of mine who went into the hospital the night before I did. That's the subject of "Weird Scenes Inside the Gold Mine V."

      Delete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.