Monday, September 24, 2012

Whatcha Been Smokin' Lately, Buck?

Well, funny you should ask.  Here are a few brands that have made their way into El Casa Inmóvil de Pennington of late(click for larger, as usual)




This, of course, would be yet another installment o' "cigar art."  You'll note these bands are somewhat less than artistic and I believe that's because the established mainstream brands (like Punch, Partagas, Romeo y Julieta, Macanudo, and Montecristo) rely more on their name than trying to impress with art work on their bands.  All of these were pretty damned good, with the exception of the Romeo y Julieta Reserva Real... which was wrapped so tight as to be impossible to smoke.  The rest gave us hours and hours o' pure pleasure.


―:☺:―

In other news... we went and got our stitches removed today and my suspicions were confirmed: we're healing much more slowly this time around than last.  I still have a few "sensitive" areas in my mouth... but not so sensitive as to require more than OTC Aleve and Tylenol to relieve the "sensitivity."  I'm thanking The Deity At Hand for small favors.

8 comments:

  1. I love the cigar band art. Jesse told me that she loves to go into the liquor store and look at all the labels - so artsy!

    Glad to know you are healing. It will be time for a steak before ya know it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Likker labels can be artsy, too... I've noticed that... AND the bottles, as well.

      It will be time for a steak before ya know it.

      I'd settle for a sandwich... I can't bite anythang without lower teeth.

      Delete
  2. I've always loved cigar bands. Cigar boxes, too, for that matter. Some of the most underappreciated art in the world.

    I found that my lower gums were much more sensitive than my uppers, if that helps. I don't see how it would help you, though, so I'm just flapping my gums, as usual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've done a few cigar box posts, as well. You're right; under-appreciated.

      As for your lower gums... well, yes... it DOES help to know I'm not alone in this regard.

      Delete
  3. So----I see by the photographic evidence that you admit you take "acid," eh Buck? Well, now THAT explains A LOT, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the Acid one - precise and to the point. But they are all pretty nice; amazing that there is one of these on each and every cigar.

    Sorry you are healing slowly Buck but...relief in OTC meds cannot be overstated. I am trying stop taking the Oxycodone during the day and it's working, barely. I don't like how all the meds and narcotics make me feel. Cheers to you for passing into OTC territory!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya on the narcotics thang, Kris. I don't like that feeling, either, but sometimes you don't have a lot o' choice in the matter. I'm glad you're making the transition, too.

      Delete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.