Sunday, September 23, 2012

We Are Concerned

For the second time in ten days, and a second consecutive failure of Windows Update, I got a Blue Screen O' Death when my computer went to reboot following the download of an "Important" MS patch.  Like this:


I suppose all's well that ends well, in that I was able to restore the computer to its previous state using System Restore.  But twice in a row?  This doesn't foster warm and fuzzy feelings in YrHmblScrb... especially since I've never experienced these sorts of failures before.  Not once.

2 comments:

  1. Buck, I'm telling you...you're dang lucky that it restored. As you know, I went through the same thing about 9 days ago.

    Had to run my System Repair Discs that I had created upon purchase of the new machine (fortunately).

    System Restore failed (3 or 4 times), and Startup Repair failed, too (3 or 4 times).

    I don't know what's up. I'm running an HP machine that is not even a year old (bought her in late January this year). I have not heard, or read anything on the 'net about a bad MS software push (as we discussed before).

    So, I'm starting to wonder if it might be an HP thing.

    Have had NO problems since I used the System Repair Discs...actually, it helped me clean up my useless files, and such. But, it was a PITA reloading software, and picking through which files I wanted Carbonite to restore, blah blah blah...

    Still...I had NEVER experienced this kind of thing either.

    Dunno...

    Maybe The Gooble will lead folks to this post who have some answers about what's the deal...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm running an HP box that is only slightly older than yours... by mebbe four months or so. I think it's an MS issue, even given the lack o' confirmation on the 'net. As noted above and elsewhere: I've never encountered this problem until just recently.

      Delete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.