Sunday, September 23, 2012

Tonight's ADWH Soundtrack

It's pretty nice outside, so we opened up the windows and door and loaded a few CDs into the CD player for tonight's soundtrack... one o' which is Don Henley's "Building the Perfect Beast."  We usually set our CD player on "random" and did so this evening... So guess which track came up first?  This:


She passed on your passion and stepped on your pride
Turns out you ain't quite so tough
Cause you still wanna hold her
You must not be drinkin' enough 
Shut UP, Don... I think I'm drinkin' enough.


Don't panic... that's well over a month's worth o' consumption.

4 comments:

  1. "I don'think I'm drinkin' enough."

    In HS a rich kid named John Motgomery who had a big Olds convert gave me a ride home from the old Will Rodgers theater one Sat afternoon. "Gotta stop by up here on the town square and pick up my Mother," he said, "so hop in the back." And so I did. Having picked up his Mother, John approached the next stop-light at a fair rate of speed and hit the brakes abruptly, causing an empty fifth to roll out from under the passenger seat ending up under his Mother's feet. "John! You've been drinking again!" exclaimed his Mother. Without batting an eye, John replied casually from behind his shades w.o. even bothering to turn his head while proceeding onward: "No more than usual, Mother." LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to say "...replied casually WITH ZERO EMBARRASSMENT.." lol

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.