Wednesday, September 12, 2012

This Is Getting Ridiculous

The latest from Buck's Sooper-Sleep Study:  I went to bed at 2030 hrs last night, which would be 8:30 pm for you civilians.  I don't think I've gone to bed at that time since I was about ten, but I did last evening.  I woke up at 0300 hrs (or so) which is about six hours of drug-induced sleep. (About which: we're having ourselves some GREAT BIG WONDERFUL dreams; I just wish I could remember the details.  They're good, though... trust me.)  We made the coffee and all that other stuff, drank a full pot and then went BACK to bed around 0700 hrs and remained there until 0930.  I've never had "normal" sleeping hours since I rejected gainful employment as a valid lifestyle, but THIS is ridiculous.

So.  We've been out and about already this morning... renewing our lease for another year (Celebrating one year on these premises on 9/15/2012.  Come to our anniversary celebration!), renewing the beer supply for a day or three (Turbodog!), and purchasing a screen door for our humble abode (for cooling Fall breezes!).  About which, this:


True Value Hardware and FUDGE.  The stoopid camera operator beheaded the large sign announcing there's fudge for sale here, so you'll just have to trust me on that.  No, I didn't buy any, even though I prolly should have.

8 comments:

  1. Fudge, coffee, and cool fall breezes. Sounds pretty darn idyllic to me.

    I cannot believe you've been in Al Casa de Pennington Nueva for a year. It does fly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me a while... like four months... to get approval for the screen door, but it came in just in time. We're supposed to be in the mid-70s tomorrow. Yays!

      Delete
  2. Fudge is not my downfall, although it always looks good. I can pass it by. The store looks kind of small-town-ish. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our True-Value IS small-town... the very definition of such. I LOVE it and do all my hardware shopping there. Fudge now, too. ;-)

      Delete
  3. I am about to embark on the wonders of modern chemistry... Not looking forward to the screwed-up sleep cycle. Hope yours rights itself soon Buck; I plan on getting myself a nice fat prescription of 10mg Ambien to go along with the Oxycodone and muscle relaxers. I'm hoping it will help keep my sleep cycle relatively - normal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our sleep cycle is determined primarily by the whims o' modern chemistry, as it were. That said, I'm being ever-so-cautious with these drugs, almost to the point o' paranoia. That said yet again... this episode is worse than the previous, or at least it seems that way. I was off the serious pain-killers two or three days after the event, last time. Not now, though...

      Delete
  4. Sleep is a funny thing, I've found. About three years ago I was diagnosed with Sleep Apnea, likely due to being a tad over-weight.

    During the sleep study, I hit REM sleep about four times, I'm told. Normally, it's hit only twice. While they were regulating the air pressure on my Bi-Pap, at one point the pressure was too high, and it forced my lips apart, and then filled my cheeks like Dizzy Gillespie's. I was aware of this, however, I was sleeping... In my dream, I'd woken up, and was getting ready to leave the sleep study place, but my cheeks would not un-puff... I'd force them in, they'd just puff back up. It was very strange to have a dream that I woke up, only to wake up later and find out that I hadn't woken up before...

    I had ridiculously vivid dreams for MONTHS after getting my bi-pap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sleep IS a strange thing. One of the best things the AF taught me was how to sleep anywhere at almost any time, but I find that capability to be slipping away as I get older. That most certainly was a strange dream you had. I just wish I could remember the ones I've had lately.

      Delete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.