Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Today's Happy Hour Soundtrack

New-to-me artist Alejandro Escovedo, with a Rolling Stones cover...

Hey, hey, hey now
One day I woke up to find
Right in the bed next to mine
Someone that broke me up with a corner of her smile, yeah

Its just that demon life has got me in it's sway
Its just that demon life has got me in it's sway
I heard this tune on my way back from Cannon Airplane Patch earlier this afternoon and I'm SUCH a sucker for Rolling Stones tunes, even covers, of which this is one of the best I've heard... mebbe even eclipsing the original.  So let's compare...


It MIGHT be heresy, but I think I like Alejandro's version better.  Check him out on the Tube o' You.

2 comments:

  1. IDK, I think the stone's version sounds more energetic and alive, the other sounds too tired to my ear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have a point. Different styles, fer shure.

      Delete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.