Friday, March 23, 2012

Yesterday's GOML Moment

I received this very important communication from Hewlett-Packard yesterday (click to embiggen):


That's for stock options granted to me back in 1997... and note the exercise price: $67.73.  This is what HPQ looked like yesterday:


In point of fact... the options granted back in 1997 were for Electronic Data Systems (EDS) stock and those options were under water almost from Day One.  The stock didn't do any better once EDS was acquired by HP and EDS stock was converted to HP common.  

So... will I exercise the options?  Yeah, right... sure I will!  We're ALL about losing money, aren't we?  So much for corporate "performance incentives," which makes me think we have yet another potential target for my Midnite Firebombing career.  But hey... those options were a gift (even if they were part of my "total compensation" for 1997), it's not like I paid anythang for 'em.  Still and even:  GOML!

4 comments:

  1. Well...it's better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

    Still and even...what you said.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True enough about the sharp stick, but the whole concept just pisses me off. The options would have been worth something if they had a strike price of... say... ten bucks. But noooo...

      Delete
  2. EDS went through a number of contortions over the years, managing fairly well when ol' Ross P controlled things there. I had some back when they became GME and unloaded it almost immediately ...along with some other GM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had quite a bit of GME back in the day but unloaded it when GM spun-off EDS and the stock went to "EDS." EDS never did that well, stock-wise and it was a perennial short-sellers pick.

      Delete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.