Friday, March 23, 2012

It's Nice That Laura and Dubya Are Stayin' In Touch

I got this in yesterday's mail:


That was part of a solicitation for money to support the George W. Bush Presidential Center, a piece part of his presidential library.  About which: times are tough, George.  Forgive me if'n I don't send along any money but... well, you know.  But thanks for the photo! 

And then there's this, apropos o' everythang:


Hell yes.  I've been missin' ya since around noon of January 20, 2009.  I ain't alone, neither.

7 comments:

  1. If someone had the throw-away money they should blanket the country on every major AND minor hwy and intersection with the "miss me yet?" sign just prior to the election this fall..lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd prefer that, in 2012, Obama's mug be on billboards with the same text.

    (The answer would a resounding "NO!")

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on this Buck - been missing GW Bush for 3 long years. And he still looks darn good (as does Laura).

    And speaking of looking good I have to say this: I was within handshake distance of Mitt Romney when he was still Gov of MA, at a 9/11 Commemoration Ceremony. He is even more handsome in person. And very genuine as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...(as does Laura).

      I think Dubya is yet another case of a man "marrying up." And I'll trust ya on Romney.

      Delete
  4. About half my daily mail is from some politician who needs my money so very, very badly, to take the fight to the wealthy dems. If I had the money of most politicians, well, I'd throw mine away! I hate being (relatively) poor.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.