Monday, February 13, 2012

A Blast From My Past

The Usual USAF Source featured this pic today as part of its ongoing Air Frame Series:

Air Frame: Dawn breaks over the flight line at Yokota AB, Japan, Jan. 31, 2012. (Air Force photo by SSgt. Samuel Morse)
Yokota was home station for me from 1975 - 1977 and I have great memories of that period in time, chief among which is the fact Tokyo is where The Second Mrs. Pennington and I met and fell in love/lust.  It can be colder than the proverbial well-digger's ass at Yokota in January and through the majik o' these here inter-tubes I see the low on 01/31 was 21 degrees.  That would have made for a brisk early morning walk from TSMP's apartment to the train station, were I still living in Former Happy Days.

I can almost smell it.

2 comments:

  1. the smell of JP-4 on a cold morning when you are standing behind the engines trying to get warm. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.