Monday, May 09, 2011

It's Not Global WARMING That Bothers Me...

... it's the gotdamned Global BLOWING.  Yes, yet another rant about wind.  I'm just in from retrieving the day's mail (more about which below) and it was quite the slog up to the mail kiosk and back.  This is what we look like at the moment (or 53 moments ago, according to WX Underground):


The troops in my shop used to joke about making me carry my tool box everywhere I went so I wouldn't get blown off the top of the mountain, back in my young radar days... mainly coz I've always been light in the ass.  I could have used some ballast today, srsly.  I think the wind in the above WX report is very understated... it feels more like 40 mph continuous wind with 50 mph gusts.  And it's hot, too.  But it's a dry heat.  Heh.

―:☺:―

About the mail...   Our humidor is a lil bit fatter now, seein' as how we received a resupply shipment from Cigar.com in today's mail.  We opted for three copies of this sampler this time around:
Coffee Infused Sampler
Sample the finest coffee-infused smokes all hailing from the Drew Estate factory, the authorities on cigar infusion. Includes 8 cigars, two each of Isla del Sol, Tabak Especial Cafe con Leche, Tabak Especial Red Eye, and Tabak Especial. A Starbucks selection at a Dunkin' Donuts price!
We've smoked three of the four varieties listed above (we love 'em, too) and we're burning the previously unknown-to-us Isla del Sol as we speak.  I'm about a third of the way through the cigar and I'm fairly well impressed.  It's not quite as strong as the others in this sampler but it IS pleasing.  And here's what we're drinking along with our cigar:


Yup.  This takes the sting out of being forced to remain indoors.  Kinda-sorta.

5 comments:

  1. I'm tired of the wind too! It makes things miserable around here. I've turned on the AC and closed the windows. Normally I would be riding my bike more these spring days, but that ain't happening with this wind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We aren't as bad as you right now however it has been very windy here too. Temps are still on the cool-ish side (topping out in the high 60s today) but the wind makes it feel chillier.

    I'm not complaining because I know the 90 degree/windy day thing is on its way to us in another month or so.

    Then I'll be cranky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buck, you always make me smile with your dry, witty observations, especially weather wise. I have the same problems as you do with particular weather conditions...and the same "light in the ass" problem...so I totally understand your aversion to high winds.

    I love the interesting names of your cigars and beers...and I love the way you are enjoying the simple pleasures of life. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Buck, as you know, we share pretty much the same frame. I understand. We have had higher winds this Spring than I can ever remember.

    They joked with you about needing an anchor, but it's really the truth. I swear, there have been days this Spring when I held my jacket flaps out from my sides and literally felt like if I could get a good running start that I could go airborne.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've turned on the AC and closed the windows.

    Me too, Lou. And it's more of the same today... this shi'ite is gettin' OLD.

    Then I'll be cranky.

    Cranky Я Us, Kris. In frickin' SPADES.

    I love the way you are enjoying the simple pleasures of life.

    Heh. Thanks for this, Red... Srsly. But the simple pleasures are all that's left at this point. ;-)

    Andy: I almost got airborne yesterday WITHOUT an airfoil of any sort! It's that bad...

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.