Sunday, February 13, 2011

A Good Day So Far

We just finished watching the Wings take the second game of a home and home series with Boston, winning this one by a score of 4-2.  The Wings looked pretty good, coming back from 1-0 and 2-1 deficits to get the win.  The game was egg-zactly what we needed to get our day underway.  Well, a good Wings game, excellent coffee, and a morning cigar... that was all part of a very satisfying whole.  I'm thinkin' we'll do an outdoor Happy Hour for our next act, seein' as how it's already 64 degrees outside.

The ice lake continues to shrink albeit not as fast as we'd like.  We'll be spending this evening at the Holiday Inn Express for the hot shower that's in it.  And a looong soak in the tub after, mainly coz we want to be fresh for tomorrow's routine dental appointment.

I'm thinkin' I might help the melting along a lil bit tomorrow with some assistance from my handy-dandy propane torch.  But I might not, mainly coz the words "hold my beer and watch THIS" come to mind.  We don't wanna live out a Talking Heads song... the first one, anyhoo.



Heh.

6 comments:

  1. We worked on another water leak today. With all the melting snow, it made it difficult to find the leak.

    Don't do anything stoopid. Stay the course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang. Winter hasn't been kind to the Lazy B, has it?

    And I won't do anything stoopid. Hopefully. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, so much for any thoughts around this way of the B's being in the same league...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy HIEing!

    Geez. I feel for all the water issues and thank the good Lord that we managed to escape this year. So far.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear you're having second thoughts. Something about "RV" and "propane torch" in the same sentence...

    Best hunker down and wait it out, I think. Hey, free advice, and worth what you paid for it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jim: Mebbe the Bs are just in a minor sorta slump?

    Moogie: It was happy in deed at the HIE. And count yer blessings...

    Rob: I had my tongue in my cheek about the torch. Sorta. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.