Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Damn.

I had running water this morning, emphasis on had.  My water lines froze up in the short space of time between making the coffee and going back for my first refill, prolly about a half-hour.  It seems I wasn't fully awake while making the coffee and I shut the tap off completely instead of letting it run.  It apparently doesn't take long for water lines to freeze when it's only eight degrees outside.

Sigh.  It's always fuckin' SUMTHIN'.  I'll be living on emergency water for the next two days, as we're not supposed to get above freezing until Friday... or at least not long enough for the lines to thaw.  I prolly should have googled a "snake-bit" image for this post, eh?  Or sumthin' to do with stoopid. 

7 comments:

  1. It's snowing polar bears as I type. Guess that Oklahoma storm is coming in here.

    Losing your water is a pain in the butt. But you're definitely not alone in screwing up while trying to function when you're not "fully awake." I've got several tee shirts to prove my own lack of focus in that particular state of being. Your beer stash okay? If so, making it till Fri will be a lot easier. Hang in there, buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The beer stash is fine, Dan. I laid in a supply day before yesterday that will last at least until Saturday, given my normal rate of consumption.

    I feel for ya with all that snow. We got a lil bit of the white stuff last night but not even enough to turn the ground white, it's just this arctic deep-freeze crap with the temps. Enough, already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That just sucks beyond genteel description! I think you're gonna need more beer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The beer supply is pretty good as we speak, Moogie, but you might be right.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Having seen your picture of the RV water hookup area, I can't imagine why you would think it would work at all in the winter.

    You might call someone to stop by the hardware store and buy some insulation. They sell it normally as this black foam looking stuff that has a spit up the dress like Sophia Loren (oops, I'm drifting).

    You cut it up to the various lengths you need for the pipes, and then wrap that in the fiberglass stuff you use in walls.

    Follow that with some Duct-Tape (or Duck-Tape as the chicom's call it).

    Then when you get all done, take the fiberglass stuff you have left and just cram it in the compartment.

    Takes about as long as one beer to get done. Even kids can wrap tape.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anon: All RV water service areas are pretty much the same and they all work in the winter. Some work better than others, tho.

    Ed: Yep, that would be us: snake-bit.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.