Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Ya Learn Sumthin' New EVERY Day!

And today I learned how to say "dickhead" in Russian.  Thus:
zalupa (залу́па) means "penis head" (from old Russian "lupit'" - here, "to peel off" (like "lupit' jajtso" - "to peel off egg shell"); therefore, this is "what you can see when the foreskin is pulled back or removed").
I TOLD ya I got great good stuff from Twitter, didn't I?  This was from a re-tweet by Greg Wyshynski (a hockey blogger I follow) and the subject was Wikipedia's list of Russian profanity.  Twitter: better than Facebook.  More useful, too.

If you want a Dicky Dick Head of your own... well, go here.  We live only to serve.

6 comments:

  1. Hope it isn't covered in lead-based paint that the Chinese like to put on all their plastic junk. Could lead to a lot of people becoming even stupider than they are already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is Dicky Dickhead's middle name Hussein?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'll pass, but it is interesting (said in that way you know so well).

    ReplyDelete
  4. And just who is Barbie to this Ken? Inquiring minds somewhat sort of want to know!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Inno: Heh.

    Moogie: I think it's "Dick," according to the ad copy. Badda-da-BOOMP.

    Lou: Heh. I can hear your tone.

    Jim: There are things I don't wanna know.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.