Saturday, December 04, 2010

This Is Just WAAAY-Cool

Via a tweet from USAF... a virtual tour of the National Museum of the US Air Force.  This is just the coolest danged thing I've seen on the 'net this year.  Here's a screen shot of the presidential aircraft gallery (click to view full-screen):


I haven't been to the USAF museum in ages but I WILL spend more than a few hours with this app just as soon as today's marquee games are over.  It doesn't appear that all the museum's galleries are loaded in the app yet, but as far as the one's that ARE there... Wow!  Just... wow!  You can pan, zoom in and out, look up and down, and move around the galleries to your heart's content.  To say this is a plane pr0n lover's dream is quite the understatement!

4 comments:

  1. Buck,
    Spent a day there on two separate occasions. For plane buffs like myself, it is one great experience!
    The planes are restored to perfection. Plan on two days and take your walking shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last time I was at the museum was in the late '80s, Scooney. I was in the area on my way home from vacation this past July. I'd been on the road for about a month at that point and wanted/needed to get HOME... an extra couple o' days just wasn't in The Plan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool! My Daddy really liked the Naval Air Museum in Pensacola.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's one museum I've heard a lot about but have never visited, Moogie. Some day...

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.