Thursday, October 07, 2010

Underway

Well, watching the Wild and the Hurricanes is kinda like watching Michigan Tech at Saginaw Valley (D-II football) but it IS hockey.  We'll watch anything after the long, hot, ice-free summer, won't we?  The quality will pick up later when the Flyers take on the Flightless Birds in that brand new arena in Pittsburgh.  About which:
"I think it's great for both the city and the franchise," Crosby said. "Still, there are mixed emotions. [There are] a lot of great memories in the Mellon." As for the new barn, "I don't think there's a bad seat in the house," he said. "It's going to be loud. It's a brand new building, so it's going to be nice."
Heh.  Nice to me would mean seeing the Flyers humiliate Sid the Kid & Co tonight.  We hold grudges, we do.  On more than one count.

4 comments:

  1. While you did get me sucked into hockey last season, Buck, with football (Go ND & Colts!)just getting started and the baseball playoffs on, (Go Yanks!), hockey will have to wait. Not to mention the Nov. elections...Go Paladino!

    Hey, it's not like any of these 300regular season games mean anything...plus everyone makes the playoffs...I'll tune in come February. Go Sabers!

    I'll trust you'll keep me informed of anything important till then...besides how awesome the Redwings are ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...plus everyone makes the playoffs...

    Not everyone. I will admit hockey's playoffs suck: they take too long and it's MUCH more a test of "who stays healthy" rather than who is best to get to the Stanley Cup. Cutting the number of teams that make the playoffs in half (to eight, from the current 16 - of 30) would go a long way towards making things more interesting... and a best three of five for the first two rounds in the current formula would help, too.

    But rest assured I WILL keep you informed. Apropos of nothing... I watched the Yankees win last night. That was a great come from behind win.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The baseball off-season is waaaaaaay too short.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ya think? I think it's about right... but I'm not a BIG bezbol fan.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.