Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Today's Happy Hour Soundtrack...

... wherein we journey back to the days when dinosaurs roamed the earth, i.e., my high school days:



That would be the original version of "Stay," a song to which I did more than a few turns around the high school gym back in the day.  The song was the soundtrack for more than a few backseat gropings as I recall, as well.  It's a classic.

So much so... classic... that Jackson Browne covered it during the '70s.  The BEST part of his version is David Lindley's falsetto, which pays appropriate homage to the original.  The tune would be eminently forgettable if not for Lindley.  So... compare and contrast:



Pretty good, innit?  We loves us some D. Lindley... but ya know that if you've hung around these parts for a few.

5 comments:

  1. Have to admit to loving this song, and altho the original is great -- Jackson Browne stays with you!


    (Had to say it!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice. I'm a Jackson Browne kinda gal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have all of Browne's albums up through "Running on Empty," but I kinda fell off the bus after that. I like "Late For the Sky" best but "Saturate Before Using is a close second.

    ReplyDelete
  4. His line "...if the Union don't mind..." strikes a note with me. The sad thing about American music, is how the musicians all bend-over and take it up the ass.

    Here's a quote from the Union newsletter:

    "Please be advised that there is currently no agreement between Local 7 and the CPO. In the absence of an agreement between the Local and the CPO, any member of the AFM who performs or rehearses with the CPO will be in violation of the AFM bylaws."

    Local 7 can lick my d...

    F**king commie bastards...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you, Buck, on Jackson Browne. "Stay" certainly stays with you.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.