Thursday, August 12, 2010

Linkage


Our favorite milblogger was in Boston recently for some sort of military/contractor conference.  He took time off from the conference this past Tuesday to visit the world's oldest active warship, the USS Constitution.  The narrative of his visit is one of those pieces that (a) makes one feel like you're right there with him and (b) SHOULD make all of the blogging world wonder why they even bother to publish.  The piece is THAT good, seriously, and you'll be much the poorer if you don't go read... comments included.

The man has a freakin' GIFT.

6 comments:

  1. It was the first post I read this morning, and well worth the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, thank you so much for linking this. I emailed it so several Navy friends and -- of course -- to my Daddy.

    Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good read. That Pennington guy gives him a serious run for the money though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. BR: Agreed!

    Moogie: Lex is very, very good. This bit was one of his better efforts, tho.

    Anon: You make me blush, LOL! But I wanna be like Lex when I grow up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You said it Buck. Most others are pretenders when compared to Lex. Gift?! More like touched by the hand of God with that talent of his.

    Which still makes me scratch my head and wonder - when will he publish the damn book?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...when will he publish the damn book?!

    It's already published. If I'm not mistaken you're one of the few, the proud who got to read it as it was being created, installment by installment.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.