Sunday, June 27, 2010

Today's Happy Hour Soundtrack

Taj Mahal...



The lyrics are apparently made of unobtanium, at least as far as these here inter-tubes are concerned.  That amazes, and just might be the first time I've encountered such an occurrence in all these many years of posting music.  While I trust my ear... most of the time... I don't trust it all THAT much.  Still and even, a few lines in this tune resonate with me, to wit:
Some of you El-Eh wimmen
Lord you make me so doggone tired
Some of you El-Eh wimmen
Ooooh you make me so doggone tired 
You got a hand full o' gimmee
A mouthful of much obliged
We're not casting aspersions, Gentle Reader.  Much.  And then there's that whole "changed my way o' livin'" thing, includin' how Momma would "have a fit if she saw me barrelhousin' thisaway."  Heh.  Ain't THAT the freakin' truth.  There's much truth in this tune, actually.  Some folks geddit, others are beyond redemption. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just be polite... that's all I ask.