Friday, June 04, 2010

I Don't Think So...

OK.  It's cool.  Very cool.  Cool to the tune of a 552 hp V10, carbon fiber everything, and an... ummm... interesting exterior.  Behold the Lexus LFA:



The video is immensely entertaining, as are all Top Gear episodes (the track testing bits begin around 5:45).  I agree with J. Clarkson et al, tho:  not at all worth the $375,000.00 US admission price, and it's even pricier in the UK at £300,000.00... which translates to $438,953.53 at current conversion rates.  That's a lot o' lettuce, even for a garden variety lottery winner.

So... what's the appeal of an LFA when you could have one of these for much less than one third of the LFA's price, with 80 more horsepower, equal or better handling, and it's serviceable at almost any Chevy dealer?  Per Clarkson, the Zed-Are-One (bonus: some Caddy CTS-V bits thrown in, as well):



Saith Clarkson:  "Are you listening Ferrari?  This is a MAHsterpiece!"  Yep, Jeremy... agreed.  I know which one I'd have.

6 comments:

  1. Yeah, I'll take the ZR-1 any day :)

    I'd also love to have one of each of the earlier ZR-1s as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never got what anybody saw in a Lexus in the first place -- boring for sure!!

    And this one -- this is just unattractive. Yeah, yeah, nice inside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeff: Were I the type that buys lottery tickets and if I WON, I'd have a stable of ZR-1s. And a couple o' Beemers, too.

    Kath: I have to admit I like the interior on the Lexus, especially the gauges.

    Lori: Aiiieee. No. No. A THOUSAND fucking times no. The ESSENCE of the car is internal combustion. Loud, proud INTERNAL COMBUSTION. The more dead dinosaurs the better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Buck, I know ... the essence of the car is internal combustion. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on your pov), internal combustion engines may well be on their way to ... dinosaur status.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank The Deity At Hand: I'm old.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.