Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Today's Soundtrack

Well, a piece part of it, anyhoo.  We're (kinda sorta) just back from our monthly run over to The Big(ger) City™ (to avert an impending salsa crisis) which also included a foray to Cannon Airplane Patch to re-supply the beer stash and buy groceries while we were at it.  Mission Accomplished and all that, but no banners were unfurled nor speeches given... we just did the deal without any theatrics.  And had a good time doing it as well, as it happens to be a beautiful day here on The High Plains of New Mexico.  Read that as: top down weather.  Beer drinkin' on the verandah weather, too.  Which we did.

We were listening to "A Twist of Motown" on the way over and back and we pulled the CD out of the car so we could continue as we'd begun during Happy Hour.  I went lookin' for the Twist (ed?) version of "Tracks of My Tears," but alas... that particular tune isn't available on the Tube of You.  But Dave Grusin's version of "Never Can Say Goodbye" is... so here it is:



I find it interesting to contrast Grusin's smooth jazz version of "Never Can Say..." to the original... which to me means Gloria Gaynor and not the Jackson Five...



Ah... it's all good, innit?  And it does bring back memories of Former Happy Days.

2 comments:

  1. I ♥ Motown. I may be too young to have enjoyed it when in its prime but in Detroit, the city I ♥♥♥ (not many can honestly say that, but I do mean it)... but I spent many a night in what could be called 'seedy Detroit nightclubs, often being the youngest and one of the very few white women there... watching and dancing the night away to live Motown acts. Awwh.... brings me back man. I do miss those nights - the people I saw, what I saw and what I experienced will forever be part of me... forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, KC! You do a body GOOD. I love Dee-troit too and would still be there were it not for the frickin' weather.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.