Friday, March 19, 2010

Only in America...

... could a new budget-busting entitlement that some estimate as adding $460 billion to the federal deficit over the next ten years and $1.4 TRILLION dollars to that same deficit in the following ten years be described in this manner:
Before discussing the jobs bill, Mr. Obama lauded the Congressional Budget Office analysis released this morning showing the reconciled health care bill will cost $940 billion over 10 years.
The bill, he said, would bring "$1.3 trillion in deficit reduction over the next two decades," according to the CBO analysis.
He called it "the most significant effort to reduce deficits since the balanced budget act in the 1990s" and encouraged lawmakers to keep that in mind when they take their "important vote" on the measure "this weekend."
I'm sure there was video of the Rose Garden remarks yesterday; I'm equally sure the video of the president was shot from the waist up to avoid showing his frickin' pants spontaneously bursting into flames when he made those deficit reduction remarks. 

I saw Rep. Paul Ryan on Charlie Rose last night and his deficit numbers (the ones you see in the lead paragraph) are significantly different.  There's a 12-minute video of Rep. Ryan's remarks on Charlie Rose's web site but the video is not embeddable, unfortunately.  The 12 minutes this video runs is well worth your time to view, mainly because Ryan is short on rhetoric and long on facts.  It's beside the point, really, but I LIKE this Ryan guy.

So... the debate on the healthcare numbers comes down to a massive game of "Who Do You Trust?"  I certainly do NOT trust The One or his minions.  It also comes down to how in the Hell are we going to pay for this massive new entitlement?  The short answer is "we can't."  We're broke, the checkbook is empty, and yet the Democrats continue to spend.  A complete gub'mint melt-down and economic ruin is sure to follow.  Kinda like this:



Brace, Ladies and Gentlemen.  Brace.

2 comments:

  1. I'm afraid my power will go out during the predicted blizzard, the Obamacare vote will take place, it'll pass, and since I don't have the power, I won't know that the USA has just been junked and I won't even know that it's time to drink myself into oblivion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the bad WX gives you a pass, Staci. But I think the healthcare excrement is gonna hit the ventilating device Sunday.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.