Sunday, February 14, 2010

The Third Re-Run of the Annual Valentine's Day Post


Happy St. Valentine's Day

A re-re-run: Creepy Valentines. A couple of illustrations from a site that’s gone belly-up. Which is too bad, because I've linked this site for the past two years...

I don’t mean to imply you’re creepy, Gentle Reader. But, OTOH, I get quite a few hits this time o' year for the search term “creepy valentines.”

I know it's not you.

I’m glad this “special day” is here and will be gone with the sunset this evening. Why? So I won’t be exposed to Creepy Valentine's Day advertisements on my teevee every 17 minutes. From these guys. You know, the people who tell ya there’s “…only one gift guaranteed to get women to take their clothes off…” with “all that spa stuff that women just love,” the bottom-line being “she’ll think you spent weeks planning it.” Yeah. Right. To say these ads insult male intelligence is only scratching the surface. And were I a woman receiving a V-Day pajamagram, I’d seriously RE-consider the quality of my relationship. That goes for Vermont Teddy Bears, as well… perhaps double. I’ve read both businesses are owned by the same company. Which may or may not be true, but the ads for both products look very similar, so I tend to believe what I hear. About which…

Yet another business to add to my list of places to visit when I begin my post-retirement career as a midnite fire-bomber.

OTOH (and I never run out of “other hands,” ya know), here’s something good from PostSecret…


So. Enjoy your Hallmark Holiday Valentine's Day.

8 comments:

  1. Ugh. I am really not a fan of this holiday. Yeah. Its just insulting and one-sided.

    Rather... Happy Olympics!!! Happy Chinese New Year to ya!

    Yeah.
    That seems more appropriate.

    KC

    WV: undiumf

    ReplyDelete
  2. EEWWWW!! Creepy is too nice a word.

    Valentine's Day is nice, I don't mind it. But it IS a little pushy when you think about it. I just posted flowers for everyone, much simpler.

    So, just happy day to all then!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mother's Day is only good for mothers, Father's Day for fathers, Veteran's Day for vets, etc. Someone is not going to get a box of chocolates, but someone will. Like the other "holidays," I can take 'em or leave 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know it's not your fave day Buck. But as I said at my place, there are all sorts of "pairs". Even friends, even just cyber-friends.

    So as your cyber-friend, I wish you a Happy Valentines' Day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. KC sez: Happy Chinese New Year to ya!

    Heh. The Chinese women's hockey team were less than happy today. I, OTOH, was VERY pleased. See ya in the gold medal round, KC. ;-)

    Kath: Yeah, I'm ambivalent about V-Day since the maid quit. But that was a nice graphic ya posted, Kath.

    Lou: I'm mostly for leavin' this day lately.

    Kris: Thank ya, Ma'am. And backatcha, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't speak for the pajamas, or the teddy bears. But I went with Shari's Berries this year. They're in the same vein, although a different company.

    They were quite well received.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm safe as long as I remember to get a card. I'm fairly certain that a pajamagram would result in my being garroted with one of the articles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gordon: Dang... I would hope the berries were well-received. I'd love a box of those myself.

    BR: You married well, My Man! But I don't have to tell ya that...

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.