Thursday, February 11, 2010

Good News

Look!  Up in the sky!  It's a bird!  It's a plane!  No...

 

It's the freaking sun!  Yup, that it is.  Now if only we can get above 40 degrees all will be right with the world as we know it.  Or knew it.  Whatev.  But Ol' Sol certainly feels GOOD on one's shoulders even if the temp is still a mite chilly.

Further Good News...  We were out and about this afternoon doing our usual, customary, and reasonable errands... part and parcel of which was a beer re-supply... and we made a modest inquiry at our local Beer Emporium, to wit: would/could a special order be in the cards, were we to make one?  

As The Fates would have it, the man standing alongside me at the counter just happened to be the regional beer and wine distributor and he allowed that yes, he did have Chimay in stock and would be most happy to indulge my request, as long as said request was for a minimum of one case.  "It's expensive beer, you know?"  I responded that yes, I did indeed realize the beer is expensive but one shouldn't cut corners in one's old age.  To cut to the chase:

"Done," sez I.

So... we should have a case of Chimay Blue here in El Casa Móvil De Pennington towards the end of next week.

O Happy Day!

12 comments:

  1. Chimay is some FINE stuff, sir. And so is the sun - though we don't know much about that here in Seattle lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sun? Yippee! Yee Haw!

    Whoopity crud!!! Sigh. Man, we haven't seen that mythical thing in so long I've almost forgot what it does.

    Actually, we did have about 32 minutes of it a couple of weeks ago. Today...snowing, sleeting, icing up bridges...in stinkin' Louisiana!!! Dangit, I moved back here to escape this junk.

    Don't know about beer. I ain't a barley & hops man myself. When it comes to beer, I am a true commonsewer.

    Good for y'all that old Sol made an appearance. Gives me HOPE that a CHANGE is right around our corner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have sun where you are? Damn. That does deserve some fine brew!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's what I am talking about!! Freak'en SUN!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Salt. Vinegar. Just rub it in why dontcha, buddy?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sunshine and beer?! I will be there this afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seattle Andy: Your neck o' the woods is legendary for gray, ain't it? I understand your feelings...

    Louisiana Andy: I saw your weather being talked about on the teevee. Dallas, too. DeeSee ain't the only city getting record snowfalls this year. But I hear ya, too. As I said elsewhere, I didn't move to NM to experience Noo Yawk WX.

    KC & RLM: It WAS cause for celebration, believe me.

    Glenn: Heh. You're gonna see a LOT of sun pretty soon, Bud! More than you'll want, methinks. ;-)

    Lou: C'mon down!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never sampled that one, Buck. I'll have to look it up around here, if possible. Appears to be a nice full-bodied brew.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to see you are recovering from your bout with global warming.

    It appears that I will have to live vicariously through your beer tasting. I've been forced to cut back on hops and malt...although I love it, it doesn't seem to like me so much anymore.

    Whiskey and water isn't so bad, though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jim: Chimay IS good. It's in Boston, somewhere. Hasta be... coz you live in a beer-lovin' town.

    BR: Dang... that's too bad about the beer, BR. I'd get seriously depressed if I had to give it up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. No sun in Austin. It's colder than a witches tit in my neck. I fricking hate it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hear ya, Daph. Not much longer, tho...

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.