Sunday, January 10, 2010

I Normally Don't "Do" Gossip...

... or "tell all" kinds of books but I might make an exception for "Game Change."  I spent quite a bit of time Saturday evening reading excerpts from the book, which officially goes on sale this coming Tuesday.  I didn't bother to count up all the links on memeorandum to stories and/or excerpts from this book but there are many more than a few.  Witness:


The image illustrates only about half of what you'll find.  The New York Magazine excerpt on Mr. and Mrs. Pretty Boy is a compelling read... and it isn't just a short teaser.  Oh, no...  it runs to something like ten pages.  The comments threads on several of the political blogs are most interesting as well.  You can pick your own links here.  There simply doesn't appear to be a bad story in the bunch.

―:☺:―

So... I went looking for a few of my derogatory posts about Pretty Boy Edwards from back in the 2007 - 2008 time frame to supplement the above narrative, but mostly to get my "told ya so!" ya-ya's out.  I truly detested that guy... more so than either The One or our SecState (hard to believe, innit?)... and never missed an opportunity to diss him.  But, Hell... that's all water under the bridge and doesn't really matter.  I did come across the pics and narrative below and thought they merited a re-post.  These are pretty much self-explanatory once you read the accompanying narrative.  From a January 29, 2008 post:

Today’s Pics: A preview of my next scanning project: illustrating my four-part tale (first installment here) about doing business (and a lot of other things) in the Peoples Republic of China in 1991.
Two of these three pics were taken on the segment of the Great Wall that’s been largely restored for the tourist trade… located about 40 miles or so outside of Beijing. It was cold that December day, Gentle Reader. Too cold for the way I was dressed, let me tell ya. But… I left my arctic gear at home, unfortunately. Still and even, the place was simply swarming with tourists, even for a cold late December’s day. 

And: I’m a man in Chinese eyes. Our interpreter told us there’s an ancient Chinese saying that says “one isn’t a man until one has walked the Great Wall.” Or something like that.
The third pic is TSMP and a very young soldier of the Peoples Liberation Army, taken in Tiananmen Square. The boy was not impressed, was he?
Ah, those pics were taken 18 years ago last month.  I did the math and thought to myself  "Has it been that long?  Time really does fly!"  I swear to The Deity At Hand... it seems like only yesterday at times.

I never did get around to scanning all the photos from that trip.  Maybe this year...

2 comments:

  1. You know it is because of Kerry's campaign and all the talk about bloggers that I became intrigued with blogs. In fact, it will be five years next month. Time does fly.

    I love the stories and pics from China.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.