Monday, January 18, 2010

Do You Know This Asshat?

Via a Tweet from Chap... this dude:

Well, there's SO much wrong here I don't know where to begin.  But you can get the full story at Bouhammer's blog.  We'll just post the Readers Digest version here.  The basics:
The milbloggers across the country are uniting today to put out a question to all who read our blogs if anyone knows who this idiot is. The guy you see in the pic above and the ones below was spotted at George R. Brown Convention at the Annise Parker for Houston Mayor Victory Party on 12/12/2009.

This guy is such a fraud, it is not even funny. Let me start with that he portrays himself as a one-star general. Since he has a unauthorized soul-patch goatee, one could only assume he is retired. I am not an age-guessing expert, but I would bet a paycheck this guy is not 40 years old. As an infantryman the first thing I noticed after his goatee was that he has a CIB with two stars on it. The CIB or Combat Infantryman Badge is a coveted badge awarded only to those in the Infantry for performing the job of an infantryman in combat. The CIB is awarded based on periods. The period that covered Vietnam went all the way through Somalia in 1993. The next period was from 2001 through present. For this asshat to have a CIB with two stars means he had to have served in the war in Korea in the 1950s.
We have laws against this sort of fraud.  And fraud it is, make no mistake.  This asshat... more than likely one Michael Patrick MacManus... hasn't stolen any money from anyone, but he's stolen something MUCH worse: the honor and dignity of those servicemen and women who earned the awards he's so cavalierly wearing... and with blatant and obvious disregard for the true meaning of same.  This dude is gonna do some serious time and well he should.  I have NO tolerance for shit like this.  If you check the link it looks like this asshat has been made.  Now it's up to the authorities to act and I don't think it's gonna take long for them to do so.

22 comments:

  1. I don't understand why anyone at the affair didn't decapitate him on the spot, and hung his liver over the door?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a damned good question, Henri. There MUST have been a few veterans at the mayor's victory party... or one would think so, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm wondering if maybe the military side of the house had a Gay day off scheduling conflict? She's not a bad looking woman, in a librarian sort of way. I just feel so sorry for her, that she has to go through life with a plastic penis...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once again, good point. I didn't google Her Honor until I read your latest comment. The military ain't exactly big on gay pride events, or reasonable facsimiles. Not that there's anything wrong with those, and all that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is Paul Begala's even more homo baby brother, Pauline.

    Yeah, I've been seeing the buttwipe today. I ran into a really good "Wanted Poster" here: http://cdrsalamander.blogspot.com/2010/01/launch-ready-pitchfork.html

    And, I'm with you guys. Was there not ONE military man, or at least an astute observer at Mr./Ms...whatever Mayor's party?

    I'm starting to wonder if it's a hoax. Dunno...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooops...I shouldn't have called it a "hoax." I just wonder if dude set this up to pull everybody's chain.

    And, as you say, this is worse than illegal...it's immoral.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Immoral doesn't EVEN begin to describe it, Andy. I skimmed the comments at CDR Salamander's place and other people asked the same question as Henri... i.e., why wasn't he arrested on the spot?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Here you go, looks like they ID'ed the scumbag:

    http://thisainthell.us/blog/?p=16768

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah, I heard about this guy. He is the king of ass hats. And when they finally get around to getting this guy he is going to be and ass hat buried under Site R!

    Yes, I was a Navy brat, but I worked for the Department of Defense most of my career as a civie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. God this makes me sick sick sick. To dishonor the most honorable among us - takes a particularly depraved asshole.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Henri, I read the article you linked to. It gives me special sadness to note in said asshole's resume that he attended DLI, as did my eldest son.

    I'm just glad that #1 son had off-base housing, and never had any possibility of pissing in the same toilet, or standing under the same showerhead as this homo.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't understand, where do guys like this find these medals? Do people actually get rid of them or sell them? I guess if you need money you'll pawn or sell anything.

    To me, this chap just LOOKS like an idiot anyway!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Buck

    Had a similar story here recently - the man was prosecuted. He had his wife buy the medals on line over a period of years..

    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article6985115.ece

    ReplyDelete
  14. Rope. Tree. Bareback Horse. Some assembly required.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Henri: Thanks for the link.

    Realliveman and Kris: Yup.

    Kath said: Do people actually get rid of them or sell them?

    The answer, unfortunately, is "yes." I'm not sure of the legality of the practice, but I am aware it exists.

    Glenn: Heh. I like that!

    Alison: Thanks for that link. Yer guy (not you personally) really went over the top with his unauthorized medals. It amazes me how stupid people are.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think this would make a good "WTF" moment (from realliveman's blog).

    ReplyDelete
  17. What makes me wonder about this weirdo is how he came up with the idea for Two DSC's. Not just the medal without the oakleaf.

    But I have Five good conduct medals (for undetected crime)!

    So there.

    If there was anybody out in the services with all that salad, they would be famous. Really famous and usually all that heraldry would be posthumous.

    ReplyDelete
  18. One other point; This person's shirt is two collar sizes too big. Look at the neck.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lou: This is more than a WTF? moment to me. Just sayin'.

    Darryl: We called the GCM the "not getting caught" medal... same-o, same-o. BTW... I read somewhere USAF doesn't award them any longer. And I have a silver OLC and one bronze on mine, so there! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. dc cat/

    "FIVE" good conduct medals? Heh. Of all the possible awards & decs the USAF could have awarded me, that is the ONE that I would not have had a snow-balls chance in hell of qualifying for! (Of course I don't think officers are even eligible for it anyway, are they? Wouldn't matter either way in my case, tho...LOL!!)

    ReplyDelete
  21. PS: On a serious note, dc cat, kudos to you. I believe that award is rather hard to qualify for, IIRC. Or used to be at least in pre-WWII peace-time Army. My father was enlisted before he went to OCS in WWII and tho he ended up as a highly decorated Inf. officer with the CIB, Silver Star, 2x Bronze (one with V-device) and couple of purple hearts, he was always particularly proud of his Army Good Conduct medal.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have five Navy Good Conducts. But I retired as the aforementioned Petty Officer, First Class (E6). Yeah, earned or paid for or what ever you want to call it.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.