Monday, October 12, 2009

WTF?!!?

So... I tune into the Flames - Blackhawks game late, with a little over 4:00 left in the first period and the score is 5-0 Calgary! Dang. The last time these two teams met was in round one of last year's playoffs, when Chicago eliminated Calgary in Game Six, 4-1. Wow... revenge? I'm thinking maybe!  But Dang! ... 5-0 in the first? Wowzers.

Update:   The second period is ALL Blackhawks... they score with about three minutes left in the first and then score three more unanswered goals in the second.  It's 5-4 Calgary, with a lil over five minutes left in the second.  What a strange game!

Update 2:  Chicago ties it in the third and wins it 26 seconds into the OT... the best comeback in Hawks history.  Sux to be a Flames fan, methinks.  But: what a great game!

3 comments:

  1. Tied for the biggest comeback in NHL history, so the yahoo! tells me. That's some serious disappointment for a Flames fan.

    Keep goin' Avs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Side note: You see that video over at Puck Daddy with the 'Hawks old-timers? Absolutely spectacular, I thought. And the sweaters on Hull and Mikita have got to be just about the best the league has ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andy: I was mesmerized, and I don't particularly care for the Hawks, for obvious reasons. But it was a great game.. And yeah, I DID see that vid. Way-cool, that was. And your Avs? I thought they were supposed to suck this year? Heh.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.